Vice President & General Manager
The National Conference Center
18980 Upper Belmont Place, Leesburg Virginia 20176
- Geoff is the Vice President & General Manager of The National and has been involved with the center beginning April 28th, 2014, at which time he joined the team as a transition consultant-General Manager. Geoff joined The National on a full time basis in July 2014.
- He is a 43 year veteran of the hospitality industry, and has spent the last 23 years of his career in the development & operation of IACC accredited conference centers. His experience includes General Manager, Regional Director & Regional Vice President roles in the conference center industry, with an emphasis in Corporate Conference Center’s that support the learning/education for major financial institutes, educational centers, and global technology companies etc.
- Geoff has an in depth knowledge of all aspects of operations, including but not limited to: food & beverage, rooms, sales/marketing, conference, finance, engineering and human resources.
- Geoff’s corporate responsibilities have included; property transitions, repositioning, renovations and multi-unit management. His experience also includes development of operating standards, measurement systems for service quality, RFP/RFQ preparation, presentation to potential clients, and SOW/SLA development & monitoring.
- Geoff’s, overall hospitality experience includes; positions in Canada, Bermuda & the United States, with Preferred & Leading Hotels of the world, Princess Hotels International & Dolce Hotels & Resorts.
- He has served on various IACC (International Association of Conference Centers) committees, the IACC North American & IACC Global Board of Directors, up to and including President of IACC North America 2003-2004, and IACC North America Chairman 2005. He has planned/supported & facilitated several classroom sessions at numerous IACC conferences, specifically targeted at corporation owner conference enters. (IBM/AA/GE/Boeing/Aspen Institute/Sears/Amex etc…)
- Geoff works extremely well at all levels of an organization & has a tremendous skill in building high performance teams.
- He is a graduate of the Centennial College Hospitality Administration Program with a major in Hotel & Resort Management