presents - free of charge
in affiliation with the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
and the Dulles Regional Chamber of Commerce
for International Fraud Awareness Week
Fraud Prevention in Your Business
with a complimentary Wine Bar and Light Fare
Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 5:00 pm
reservations are required
From the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE):
- The biggest mistake business owners make is believing that they are immune to fraud.
- Businesses with under 100 employees are especially vulnerable to fraud, with fewer anti-fraud controls in place than larger organizations with high levels of capital resources.
- Most small businesses that experience fraud do not recover any of their losses.
In this highly informative session, you will learn
- Best practices for your business to detect and prevent fraud
- Why “we have a comptroller” or “we’ve been through an audit” won’t discover fraud
- Case studies of businesses that had it all covered, and how they were still defrauded
- Psychology of fraudsters—why they’re often the people you know best and trust the most
- What you can do tomorrow morning to make your business more secure from fraudsters
Special Guest Speaker for International Fraud Awareness Week:
Michael Pocalyko, Certified Fraud Examiner, CEO of Special Investigations, Investigator, International Fraudbuster, member of the ACFE Advisory Council, and original DRCC “Dulles 28” Benefactor
Why reservations are required:
Special Investigations will be showing our guests how fraud is accomplished and then demonstrating some cutting-edge techniques for fraud prevention. This conversation is for the good guys. We’re not about to teach the fraudsters what we know.
Answers to FAQs:
- Yes, completely free.
- Nope. No sales pitches, no pay-to-play sponsors. It’s a public service from Special Investigations and The Dulles Chamber provided for businesses during International Fraud Awareness Week.
- Wine bar. Yes—that means an open bar. Free. No—a wine bar does not have beer or hard liquor. Yes—of course there will be non-alcoholic beverages. No—light fare is not dinner.
- Reservations are by name, not just providing the number of people.
- An hour and a half, from 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm.
- About 20 minutes of talk, followed by open conversation with the fraud experts.
- Yes, please bring a guest, just provide his or her name in advance to email@example.com.
- No, continuing professional education (CPE) or in-service hours are not creditable for this event.
- We welcome our brothers and sisters in Blue—law enforcement officers. It’s definitely an appropriate community event for you.
- Sure. Call Special Investigations at 703.674.0514 with that question.