WHO WE ARE
The Arc of Northern Virginia is a local chapter of the largest non-profit organization supporting thousands of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) and their families. Our service area includes the Cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, and Falls Church; and Arlington and Fairfax Counties.
The Arc of Northern Virginia believes that people with IDD - such as autism, Down syndrome, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, and a number of rare chromosomal disorders - belong in the community and have fundamental moral, civil and constitutional rights to be fully included and actively participate in all aspects of society.
WHAT WE NEED
We are seeking a part-time Account Coordinator to support the work of our Special Needs Trust program. Under the supervision of the Account Manager, this staff member would provide effective disbursement management, and database support by ensuring timely and effective follow through, communication, and excellent customer service.
About the Special Needs Trust Program:
Launched in 1998 as the Personal Support Trust, The Arc of Northern Virginia’s Special Needs Trust program is for people with disabilities in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia. Together with our partner and trustee Key Bank, we currently manage more than 1,600 special needs trusts. We are experts in the convergence of finance and disability policy, because we know, care for and understand people with disabilities. And daily, we assist our clients use funds from their trusts to meet their needs and support their quality of life. Serving the community is our mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Act as primary point of contact for disbursements of targeted Clients, to include:
− Review, query, submit for approval, and maintain orderly disbursement files
− Pursue required documentation, notify beneficiaries of any denials
− Scan and save disbursement information, develop folders in database
− Enter, track and monitor all services and payments in database
− Research/negotiate pricing for purchases, if needed
− Assist beneficiaries as needed
− Conduct verbal and written communication with Trustee
− Create budget with Beneficiaries of funded SNTs
− Manage Beneficiary credit/debit card accounts
− Plan and oversee vehicle purchases
• Provide information to clients about public benefit programs
• Create and implement plans that will help meet the needs of clients
• Build long-term relationships with clients, professionals, and the community
• Address and resolve client issues quickly and effectively, encouraging good customer service practices
• Develop strategies for strong workplace efficiency and goal achievement
• Serve as a liaison between Trust department staff and clients
• Attend advocacy, community, and education events to raise awareness of the Special Needs Trust program and services
• Participation in monthly Arc team meetings and weekly Trust Services department meetings
• Maintain a neat, well-organized work space
• Other tasks and duties as required
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field
• 3-5 years professional work experience
• Good understanding of means-tested government benefits and disability systems in Virginia
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
• Strong ability to work independently and take initiative
• Effective communicator with strong verbal and written skills
• Skilled in Database Management
• Proficient in MS Office Suite
• Meaningful professional and personal experience with people with disabilities
• The candidate selected for this position will be required to complete a Child Protective Services Registry and a Criminal Background check to the satisfaction of The Arc of Northern Virginia.
• Valid motor vehicle driver’s license is required and the candidate will be required to use their own vehicle to and from appointments and meetings, with mileage reimbursement provided.
NOTE: Successful candidates will be required to furnish proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
How To Apply:
Send your resume and a cover letter to:
Tia Marsili, Director of Trusts
by email to:
Please include the position title in the subject line of your email.
Applications must be received by the close of business on Monday, February 14, 2022.
The Arc of Northern Virginia is an equal opportunity employer.
At The Arc of Northern Virginia, we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly based on their knowledge, skills, experience, and achievements without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.