Starting pay $17.00
- HS Diploma or equivalent
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Prince William County and Fairfax County roads.
- Ability to project a positive and professional image to the public, co-workers, and Didlake clients.
- Ability to interact effectively and supportively with people with disabilities.
- Have a valid driver's license and be insurable under Didlake's automobile policy.
The Driver is responsible for the safe and timely transport of Didlake consumers to/from work, and routine and minor maintenance of the vehicles.
- Operates vehicles safely and in accordance with state and local regulations.
- Transports Didlake consumers in a timely fashion adhering to assigned schedules.
- Transports Didlake consumers, daily, between home and the site or workplace according to the prescribed route.
- Supervises consumers during transport.
- Performs daily maintenance check of vehicle's operating conditions and reports any deficiencies.
- Performs daily recording of ridership, miles traveled, hours driven, maintenance needs, and fuel use.
- Assists the Director in planning routes and locating riders' homes.
- Assists other drivers in transporting consumers and routes as needed.
- Assists all consumers with boarding and exiting the vehicle.
- Maintains cleanliness of vehicles both interior and exterior.
- Provides leadership to staff by fostering teamwork while balancing team and individual responsibilities; giving feedback to nurture a positive team spirit and quality performance; and modeling dependability, hard work, strong business ethics, and professional personal appearance.
- Implements the Didlake safety program.
- Fosters an atmosphere that promotes Human Rights for all consumers and ensures training, incident reporting, and awareness of responsibilities of all personnel regarding Human Rights matters.
- Informs Rehabilitation Department and Director of consumer concerns, incidents, or accidents.
- Follows written and oral instruction as given by Director.
- Arranges and completes all required vehicle maintenance on time following the maintenance schedule.
- Submits accurate and completed monthly attendance logs to Accounting.
- Arranges access to a backup vehicle in the event of a primary vehicle failure. A backup plan should be in place prior to need.
- Completes and maintains all required Didlake training.
- Follow safety protocols to include wearing designated personal protective equipment.
- Thoroughly clean and disinfect assigned program site and vehicles at least daily and regularly disinfect areas designated as “high touch” throughout the day.
Didlake, Inc. is a non-profit rehabilitation services organization. At Didlake, creating opportunities that enrich the lives of people with disabilities is our mission. Since 1965, Didlake has served thousands of people with significant disabilities by providing training, job placement, employment opportunities and day support services. We provide rewarding and purposeful work.