- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Business and four (4) years of relevant work experience or a combination of education and experience to equal a BA/BS degree in Accounting plus four (4) years of relevant work experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of office practices and procedures and the use of office machines, computers, and programs preferably Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to understand and interpret financial statements
- Experience with computerized accounting systems.
- Ability to project a positive and professional image to the public, co-workers, and Didlake clients.
- Ability to interact effectively and supportively with people with disabilities.
- Responsible for working with the Senior Accountants for oversight and/or processing of accounting records, including general accounting, project, banking, and budget data. Assists with researching and analyzing accounting records for the purpose of presenting relevant financial information related to specific projects/programs.
- Delivers accurate and consistent financial and project reporting information to meet the needs of the project team, finance management, and external reporting requirements within the required time schedules of the business unit.
- Reviews contract/agreement terms and limits to ensure proper accounting, correct invoicing accounting compliance and updating accounting records and processes as needed.
- Assists with establishing project accounts and contracts in the accounting system. Maintain project-related records, including rehabilitation projects, commercial projects, Federal and State Government contracts, and funding modifications. Responsible for the accurate creation and maintenance of suitable WBS structure and GL codes used within the accounting software.
- Reviews supporting contract and program documentation; Prepares invoices, ensuring they reconcile to revenue and system reports, and contract requirements; ensure required approvals are obtained prior to payment of accounts payable; ensures prompt payment of related accounts payable upon payment of accounts receivable by customers.
- Effectively communicates with Project/Program Managers (PM), Contract Administrators and Directors, and the Contract Management Team regarding contract documents, change orders and other funding and contract modifications or pricing concerns, and any additional services as those services impact billing and/or cost.
- Assesses and pursues opportunities for maximization of client billing; communicates with Accounting management, as to accounting observations and actions are taken.
- On a regular basis no less than monthly, ensure that project reports are reviewed and analyzed for data quality. Work directly and promptly with PM and/or Purchasing to correct any inaccuracies.
- Encourage the submission of the necessary information from project managers, highlight projects with opportunities for improvement, and assist in the budget review process. Escalate concerns about projects, accounting, and documentation deficiencies not addressed on a timely basis.
- Provides the account payables team members with relevant information on vendor billing relative to subcontract payments, consulting invoicing, and reimbursable expenses.
- Reviews account payable coding and ensure appropriate approval (in compliance with Didlake Policy and Procedure) of vendor invoices related to a project.
- Assists with reports filed with state and federal regulatory agencies regarding personal property taxes, sales taxes, and sales tax audits, and reports for the US Department of Commerce and other reports not related to income taxes or payroll.
- Provide year-end support for the external financial audit including research, reconciliations, and report preparation.
- Participate and support cross-training in all aspects/positions within the accounting department.
- Continuously improves the accounting documentation requirements, including the creation and updating of Standard Operating Procedures for all areas of accounting.
- Assists in establishing, preparing, and submitting monthly financial reports to Departmental Managers, Vice Presidents, CFO, and CEO.
- Provides sound financial information and support to finance and non-finance personnel, maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicates with co-workers, management, and external personnel courteously and professionally.
- Provides leadership to staff by fostering teamwork while balancing team and individual responsibilities; gives feedback to nurture a positive team spirit and quality performance and models dependability, hard work, strong business ethics, and professional personal appearance.
- Fosters an atmosphere that promotes Human Rights for all consumers and ensures training, incident reporting, and awareness of responsibilities of all personnel regarding Human Rights matters.
- Completes and maintains all Didlake required training.
Didlake, Inc. is a non-profit rehabilitation services organization. At Didlake, creating opportunities that enrich the lives of people with disabilities is our mission. Since 1965, Didlake has served thousands of people with significant disabilities by providing training, job placement, employment opportunities and day support services. We provide rewarding and purposeful work.